Friday, February 5, 2010

Somestimes fixing the problem is more important that what you label it

Somestimes fixing the problem is more important that what you label it

I received a call from a client today having trouble with root cause analysis for a non-conformance I wrote regarding "No defined frequency for Product Audits". To satisfy that requirement in TS 16949 I would expect to see a schedule or a paragraph in the procedure which talks about how often/when/etc.

Because TS breaks out Product Audits separately, the procedure referring QMS audits are done at least once per year didn't cover the topic Product Audits so a NC was issued during the audit. Not a major deal; something that can be address easily.

You say Tomato - I say To-Mat-O

After talking to my client we decided to call it an opportunity for improvement, clearing the way to get passed the root cause analysis and fix the issue.


It was a simple problem which can be corrected easily. We skipped the root cause analysis for this, and sometimes that is ok. Not for the big stuff though.


I call it: Common Sense Auditing. What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment