Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Social Media

I am wondering how our use of social media relates to the better mousetrap theory. Build it and they will come - (the customers of course). Yesterday, I have been working with the web designer, newsletter designer, twitter, etc, and I am on social media overload. Yesterday I checked my competitors key words to see what they are using and they all seem to be clueless, which is strange because their sites rank sometimes better than mine.

Linked in
My favorite media so far is linked in, my only gripe about that is when marketing types add discussions which are basically SPAM. So instead of SPAM in my e-mail I get SPAM in my groups. So I am ready for someone to design a SPAM filter for social media. Linked In Spammers have no clue on building a reputation or networking. I quit my local linked in group because a realter would spam me everytime he had a listing. Am I missing anything when I left? I am not sure. All I know is that I am NOT missing any real estate listings.

So what are your thoughts? Are we relying on Social Media too much? Or is it another tool to communicate and establish relationships with potential customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment